Introducing Bob The SRA Hubster!
- Posted by Students Rising Above
- Categories Blog
- Date June 25, 2015
Hey SRA Hubsters! Meet Bob! Bob, is about to embark on his journey from high school to college and has agreed to let you follow his journey. You can logon to the SRA Hub to learn about the same steps Bob will be taking to ensure he is ready to succeed in college and beyond!
Bob’s first step in his post-high school adventure is to make a plan of action. Part of Bob’s plan of action is to create a “to-do” list. Bob came up with the below “to-do” list after talking to his SRA Online Advisors, Vanessa and Kendall. Check-out his action items below to make sure you are well prepared like Bob!
● Attend SRA “Summer Melt” webinars by logging on to the SRA Hub and clicking “JOIN A WEBINAR”
● Log-on to The SRA Hub at least once per day to stay motivated and to receive updates about important summer action items
● Connect online with SRA Hubsters that are attending the same college
● Check your college portal and email at least once per day to make sure important reminders and deadlines are not missed
● Get in touch with your college roomie by phone or online
● Sign-up for and attend college orientation and summer bridge (if available)
● Visit your school’s portal to find out about and calendar important dates regarding:
● Financial aid documents & accepting financial aid
● Housing deposit
● Enrollment deposit
● Registration for class enrollment
● Math & English placement tests (if necessary)
● Sending final transcripts
● Signing up for and attending orientation
● Submitting proof of insurance and immunization records
● Move-in day
● Get dorm room ready and create a dorm shopping list
● Get a textbook list for each class in advance and compare used book prices on Amazon.com and Chegg.com
● Review all of your class syllabi in advance and calendar all homework, tests, projects and papers on a calendar to stay organized
● Review SRA’s “Study Skills” presentation to sharpen classroom skills
● Enjoy time with family & friends and be prepared to feel a little “homesick”
● Get familiar with campus resources (EOP/Career Center/Clubs/Academic Advising)
Be sure to follow Bob’s journey so you can learn from his mistakes and get inspiration from his achievements and success!
SRA Hubster Reflections: Staying Active On The SRA Hub
In Her Own Words—Read About SRA Student’s Experience as a Facebook Intern!
You may also like
Students Rising Above Celebrates GivingTuesday with Support of Media Matters Worldwide30 November, 2021
Giving Tuesday 2021 Press Release Students Rising Above www.studentsrisingabove.org Media Matters Worldwide www.mediamattersww.com Joining Millions Around The World Participating In the Global Generosity Movement November 30, 2021 – This GivingTuesday, Media Matters Worldwide will inspire generosity by supporting …
Transitions & Explorations with Rising Star Nehemias Gramajo28 October, 2021
What does community mean to you ? To me, a community is a place where you are together with a group of people where y’all share something in common and make up a part of society. If you are close …
My name is Rocio Gonzalez Melendez. I was raised in the Bay Area, in a small town called Novato. I am currently attending Whittier College and will be going into my final semester in-person as opposed to remote, which I …