Are you interested in volunteering to help our students achieve their dream of college graduation and a start on the path to a successful career? The SRA volunteers provide important opportunities and support in a number of ways—we look forward to getting you involved! Please fill out the online volunteer application and indicate your areas of interest.
SRA Impact Volunteer Options:
- Career Mentors: Many of our students have a limited understanding of the career opportunities available to them. Career mentors help to expand our student’s horizons by participating in career development workshops, editing student resumes, and providing practice interviews, informational interviews and job shadowing opportunities.
- Social Mentors: Navigating the demands of college life can be a challenge for first-generation students. Mentors offer students a one-to-one support network, and provide opportunities for fun and enrichment by being a friend and role model. Mentors are not required to make any financial commitment.
- Internships for College Students: Provide an internship for a student, or make a contact and introduction so that our Internship Coordinator can follow up.
- Host an Event at your Home: SRA relies on an amazing network of supporters. Introduce your friends, colleagues and family to Students Rising Above and help us to fill a specific need for our students such as school supplies for our college freshmen or care packages for students taking finals.
- SRA Events: Attend, volunteer or donate to support our fundraising and “friend raising” events. Enjoy an amazing evening at our Gala coming up on March 27, 2014 at the Ritz Carlton in San Francisco. Join the committee to organize events such as our Annual Gala and the GRADWalk. Donate items for our live and silent auctions. Volunteer to staff one of our live auction item parties: Lobster Dinners or Sonoma Hoedowns!
- College Prep Team: help students to compose and edit essays for college and scholarship applications. Assist at the College Application, Financial Aid, and Off-to-College workshops.